Is located on Sydney Harbour on the north shore of Sydney, just down from Mosman.
The week before this swim we had some pretty average weather with a couple of overnight downpours which made us keep a close eye on the water quality at Balmoral. I think the drainage that they fixed a few years ago are working a treat as when Sat came around the water was great. The morning started overcast and a bit cool, round 16 degrees, but water was still up around the 22 degree mark. Comfortable but not the best for a 5 hour channel training swim.
We had 18 starters with 6 going just over the 5 hour mark. Feeding was back to normal, roughly around every 45 mins and from the feed station floating off the maritime buoy. Vlad was on the banana ski and Sonny helped out on another for a few hours. We had a couple of close shaves with Helen R redesigning her cossie by heading too close the rocks as the tide went out. She did a pretty good job with a hole about the size of your palm in the middle of the front of her swimmers. Whoops. At least she didn’t break through to her skin.
By the time the swim was over, the sun was up, it was warm and just a beautiful day. Very welcomed after the week of on and off rain.
- Swim 5 hours swim for Channel Guys ( max 2min feeding time)
- time of this swim starts from time to getting in the water and swim
- Feeding from floating bar in middle loop (yellow buoy)
- Support: Vlad, John and Sunny will be paddling around
- if you can bring your support
Fees for up to 2h swim (short swim):
- No extra fees to our bronze, silver and gold Vladswim monthly pass holders
- Multi pass holders - one swim deducted from your pass
- Casual swimmers - $20 per swim / 2 hours swim
Fees for 2h to 4h swim (long swim):
- No extra fees to our silver and gold Vladswim monthly pass holders
- Bronze pass - $20 extra
- Multi-pass holders – 2 sessions deducted
- Casual - $40