Is located on the northern entrance to Botany Bay adjacent to La Perouse.
Much better turn out this weekend with 14 swimmers as opposed to 2 last weekend. Cyril nearly didn't get a swim as he came all prepared with food, Vaseline, goggles and then his undies to swim in. Luckily Vlad had a large assortment of options in his bag. Not sure this was an encouraging welcome for our new swimmers on the day.
Water was calm and clear, no wind at all and temperature was both about 22 degrees in and out. The loop we swim here is a simple 1 km - 500 up and 500 back and feeding was planned at either the 3rd or 4th km depending on how fast you were. This time round the goal was feed in under 2 mins which most managed with a slight deviation from Michael and Cae at a couple.
It was good to have some new faces join us. Mark G was dressed in his Wussuit as he was rehearsing for Melbourne Ironman, Eva M, Ben M and Dan T came as part of their prep for South head and Kate B, who is a bit more sensible it seems, came as part of her Preparation for Magnetic Island. This sounds much warmer. It was nice to see Katarina again and Thomas K eventually turned up and I think we've convinced him to do South Head. Training is so much easier when you have a goal.
It was good to see the Rottnest hadn't worn out Rach E, Scott M, Cae T and Michael T as they have now hit the crunch time for their upcoming English Channel swim. Hopefully we'll see the rest of the channel team next week.
Next week we are heading to a new location of Little Manly for 4 hours.
- 3hours swim for Channel swimmers
- 1.5hours for South Head swimmers
- Feeding from floating bar
- Practise your feeding and swimming pace
Fees for 2h to 4h swim (long swim):
- No extra fees to our silver and gold Vladswim monthly pass
- holders Bronze pass - $20 extra
- Multi-pass holders – 2 sessions deducted Casual - $40
- swim to 2 hours:
- No extra fees to our bronze, silver and gold Vladswim monthly pass holders
- Multipass holder - one swim deducted from your pass